What’s a Deal?
- With cheaper gas prices, diesels have actually gotten cheaper and are still high on our value list right now. These are not the stinky and slow diesels of the past but clean burning, fuel sipping and amazingly lusty to drive. They also hold their value way better than the gas engine versions.
- Great values in just about anything European right now from VW Jettas and Passats to Mercedes GLs are great buys.
- 2012 and 2013 Mercedes C300 4Matics are so cheap right now and there is a ton of them at the auctions (591 sold in last few weeks at Manheim auctions alone)
- Chevy Suburbans and GMC Yukons are now approachable and are showing up in credible numbers at great savings when you compare them to new replacement cost.
- Almost anything that was expensive new other than a near-new Corvette or Range Rover are values.
- Subarus – every one of them are overvalued due to the shortage of new vehicles – in many cases you can get a Mercedes for the price of a Subaru.
- Full-size fancy trucks are still bringing crazy money.
- Jeep Wranglers,Toyota FJ Cruisers and Honda CR-Vs, Toyota RAV4s and highly contented low mileage Asian minivans all hold value.
- Honda Accords and Civics are overpriced when you compare them to Corollas, Sonatas, Altimas and Camrys.
- European wagons are in short supply and bring a premium over their sedan counterparts.